Transfer Junior LSA Students


Students who transfer to University of Michigan and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) with junior standing (55 credits or more) may be considered for the Honors Program by their department of major. You should contact the department early in your first semester in LSA and ask about making an appointment with a major advisor. Make sure you mention that you are interested in doing an Honors major.


Click here for general information about doing an Honors major. The LSA Majors & Minors website has links to the requirements for individual majors.


During your appointment with the major advisor, you will consider your background, academic preparation, and your interests and decide whether an Honors major is right for you. Upon declaring an Honors major, you will automatically be admitted to the Honors Program. We urge you to then schedule an appointment with an Honors general advisor to discuss your academic plans and the opportunities available to you as a member of the Honors community.


More questions? Email here.